Sunday, May 2, 2010

Link to Corpse Bride Inspired Wedding Cake

Corpse Bride inspired Wedding Cake

This is the cake I did for a friend's wedding  that was celebrated May 1st, 2010. This cake is styled after the one seen in the movie Corpse Bride. It's not exactly like it but it resembles it quite nicely.

The cake is a four tier red velvet cake with vanilla icing covered in fondant with sculpted skulls and bones. The topper is also decorated  with fondant. The figures on the topper of the cake are made of gum paste. This was made by adding Tylose powder to the fondant. I used Satin Ice fondant on this project. I was pleased with how easy it was to roll it out thinly.

This cake was very labor intensive but worth every minute of it. The final product was very nice. :)

2 comments:

  1. Simply lovely!!!! I really love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely lovely!!! I really like it... the red velvet is simply appropriate!!! Cool

    ReplyDelete